My Aloe series sits quite close to my heart, so much so I actually have all of them displayed in my office. I originally painted the series on water colour paper, with the intention to get them all framed and hang them in our house. However the frames I had my heart set on would have blown the bank. So i had to come up with a different plan.

I had some vinyl flooring squares gathering dust in my workshop destined for another project of mine. After cleaning these up and painting them white with a basic emulsion, they were ready to be put to the test.

Turns out they were perfect! Due to them being vinyl I decided to experiment and see if I could just display them as is. Using no nails putty, I measured a space and that is where they are today.